Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Shooting STARS


July_16__201105.jpg, originally uploaded by regi metcalf.
I recently joined a meetup group called Shooting STARS. The purpose of the group is to get emerging artists (make-up, dressers, designers, models, photographers) together to promote themselves. We had our first shoot at a lodge in Bear Mountain State Park a couple of weeks ago. It was the first time I'd done anything like it and I think my inexperience with models, fashion, etc. shows. Still, it was a great experience in a lot of ways. For one thing, the people were all cooperative and patient but, more importantly, I learned a lot. I learned that I have a lot to learn. I'm looking forward to the next one, the logistics of which may be even more challenging: The High Line on the west side of Manhattan.

No comments:

Post a Comment